Tuesday, June 17, 2008

La Moderna Milunch instantáneo, Chicken flavor

Today I present the strangest of ramens I have encountered in my ramen-eating days: Mexican ramen. La Moderna's Milunch instantáneo (translated by me, a non-Spanish speaker, as "My Instant Lunch") is an unusual blend of cultures that should really have set off bells of "this might be odd," but nothing is too scary for this veteran ramen eater!




The first thing you will notice is the cute little chicken under the name in the logo. I have deduced that the chicken was there to distract me from the taste of these noodles and the impending doom that is now surely out to get me. The noodles taste like noodles with cardboard flavor and cardboard flavor is not my favorite. If it's yours, well haven't I found the product for you! The appearance should have been a warning: never have I seen more blotchy noodles. The flavoring did not absorb evenly, leaving a mottled cardboardy mess. Delectable.




The preparation was easy enough, because it's one of the standard "dump water in, stick in microwave" kind of setups. Props for that. Also props for the price, although $0.69 might be a bit too much for this mess.

I've eaten all the noodles (what can I say? I was hungry) and now I'm left with half a cup of opaque vaguely-chicken flavored water. "Opaque water" should never be in my vocabulary. Ever.

Final score: 1/5 for the curiosity factor, and the little chicken in the logo.

8 comments:

bethbawwett said...

excuse me, but i do believe that your analysis of the transcendental themes underlying the true nature of the musical piece completely missed their mark. you have to be aware of the audience to which you're preaching! you can't just expect everyone to share such radical views! i mean, look at me, i have a vacation home in utah for christ sake! come on! in the case that i get over this highly traumatic visit to your little "blog" and god forbid make a second visit, i wish to be much more satisfied. no more robert kennedy references, alright?!

p.s. you clearly have too much time on your hands. get a life.

The Patron Saint of Tacos said...

The "Camaron Picante!" version is in every way superior to the chicken. In my opinion.

Kevin said...

I completely agree with your descriptions. I came across several flavors of Milunch and gave them a try. The only thing I recommend about them is to avoid them.

LyeLye said...

I had to make an account to write this but its worth warning people.

I got this from the store about half an hour ago, I put the water in and put it in the microwave, and then i pulled it out and the first thing i notice was the yellow chalky looking bubbles on the top of the noodles.

So yeah i figured its just the seasoning, so I taste it and im chewing and im chewing, and i get this after taste of ....Hamster shavings or something.

Im starting to think...maybe by the second bite this will go away.

So I take anouther bite, and dear god it wont go away!

I didnt even get halfway threw the cup, im about to throw it away. X.x

This cup of ramen is BLASPHEMY to all good ramen out there.

-----------
I want you guys to try (nissin) BOWL NOODLES tm if you can find it. Its one of the best ramens i have tasted.
-------------

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
yanmaneee said...

nmd
yeezy boost
christian louboutin shoes
goyard handbags
birkin bag
yeezy shoes
off white clothing
yeezy boost 350
golden goose sneakers
christian louboutin outlet

Anonymous said...

off white
westbrook shoes
hermes outlet