Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tradition instant noodle soup, chicken style

trr_tradchi1

Tradition brand, chicken style! This came recommended to me by a commenter somewhere once, and at first I was like, "pssh that doesn't count they don't actually sell it anywhere and that goes against my principles" BUT then I found it at Meijer. Commenters 1, Reviewer 0.

(Side note, I don't know why I go by "Reviewer" when my name is clearly at the bottom of all the posts but that's just another thing to puzzle over)

It's called "chicken style" because it's not actually made with chicken. It's also kosher!

The side of the cup looks like this:
trr_tradchi5
I was put off by the yellow, but it wasn't expired, so I decided to go for it anyway.

trr_tradchi3
I love the microwave directions, I really do. "You can do this in the microwave by... doing the same thing as the other directions but with a different appliance! HOORAY!" Of course, this is the route I took, and it took two and a half minutes to boil the water, so that whole "3 minutes" thing? A lie.

trr_tradchi2
Before stirring. Same vegetables as always, carrots/peas/corn. At first I thought the thing in the bottom right of the cup was celery, and I got a little excited, but then I realized it was just a squished pea. =(

This is where I stopped taking pictures for some reason. USE YOUR IMAGINATIONS

This ramen fell victim to "always splotchy" syndrome wherein the noodles were never evenly colored even after plentiful stirring. Point loss for ugliness.

So then I ate it. It's not bad! It doesn't really taste like chicken (or what I remember it tasting like, at least) but, in the grand scheme of things... ramen usually doesn't taste just like chicken, it tastes like a salty, fried chicken byproduct, amirite? In any case, it's still pleasant. It fits right into the salty, fried noodle product spectrum.

One thing to watch out for: The broth (if you can call it that in this sort of product) was neon yellow. (I regret not taking pictures. Imaginations, people) Huge stain potential. I was personally okay because I was wearing a yellow shirt, but of course that's not always the case for everyone everywhere. Exert caution!

Final score: tasty!

5 comments:

Samantha Poindexter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S. said...

Ooh. I was that commenter, and I missed this post the first time around. Sorry about the neon yellow factor, but I'm glad it ended up passing muster from a taste standpoint. :-)

Sorry about the deleted comment... [mutters something about Google accounts not indicating when somebody else is signed in]

John said...

uboutin shoes
polo ralph lauren outlet
oakley sunglasses outlet
ed hardy
coach factory outlet online
tods outlet online
gucci outlet online
coach handbags
pandora charms
coach outlet store
yolo

yanmaneee said...

balenciaga
coach outlet sale
balenciaga trainers
nike shox
100% real jordans for cheap
nike air max 270
cheap jordans
yeezys
curry 5
nike off white

pheated said...

q8b23k8k30 y7q90c1p81 r8z84s9r01 o7o17l2r53 u8a36g6o38 o7x23j0t59