Saturday, May 15, 2010

Samyang Chinese soybean paste ramen

Oh goodness this is old. I will be brief!

This is Samyang Chinese soybean paste ramen, but again I can't be too certain of the intended title! The packaging is mostly in Korean.

stirnoodle1

I like the bit about "Olive Oil add." This is the only mention of olive oil on the entire package. Also the vegetables on top are misleading! There is something the package refers to as "flake" which made me feel like I was eating fish food, but no potato hunks.

I was certain to put the exact amount of water specified in the directions in the bowl I used, not realizing it was going to be drained-- I was mislead by the use of the word "soup." This was a mistake, because then I couldn't really fit the noodles in the bowl! Whoops

stirnoodle4

Um then I went to buy a pop and I found five pence in the vending machine. This was bizarre because I live in Michigan. Anyway, after the fiasco with too much water in the bowl and splashing everything everywhere and feeling like a fish, I drained it and stirred in the base etc etc.

stirnoodle3

Doesn't that look appetizing? Notice the lack of vegetable pieces and olive oil, although you could argue the latter is technically my fault for following directions.

Of course what everyone is interested in is the taste! And it wasn't bad, it just wasn't good. It tasted mostly like you were to take bland beans, mush them up, and spread the paste on some thick noodles, with the occasional Generic Starch Flake. I ate a little bit, but in the end wasn't interested enough not to let it go cold. This might say something about me, it could be that I just wasn't hungry enough, but I place it on the noodles. They were just... blah.